Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Perdik and Taman Rimba Ampang

Perdik and Taman Rimba Ampang 9/8/2007

On the 9th of Aug, it is only me and mam birding together. Jason, Kam Su needs to work, Safee, Richard has been backed to their respective homes. Uncle Banard would be busy at his home and need to be a good man to Aunty May.

Today after we tooks out our laundry to hang aroud my fence of my hse, we head to Perdik Forest Reserve, Ulu Langat about 35 mins drive from my hse. I never been to this patch of my birding playground during weekdays, I was shocked to see cars in the beelines at the Ulu Langat Batu 10 onwards till Batu 14. We drop at batu 14 for our breakfast, after that we continue our journey to Perdik.

Due to we are the only two females in this patch of forest, we dares not ventures too far.. We have Gold Whiskered Barbet, Dark Throated Oriole, Orange Bellied Flowerpecker, Black Headed Bulbul, Blue Crowned Hangging Parrot, Red Eye Bulbul, Buff Vented Bulbul, White-Rumped Munia, Blue Winged Leafbird. Mam saw a Cuckoo spp and opt it for the Moustached Hawk Cuckoo.. I miss this by mins by the time I run to her side I only can ID it as Cuckoo spp... Never mind one day I surely met up with it face to face. At 10am suddenly I saw two colourful birds that looks like the Blue Crowned Hangging parrot fly and perched at those clump of bamboo. I put up my bino and scan... OOOH MY these are the spp that I risk my safety to stand at one secluded patch of forest all alone once... MAM... MAM looks the Pin-tailed Parrotfinch. She keeps repeat... GO... susan go and takes it's photos... OOOH I try... I try... I was stunned once keeps admire it with my pair of bino still. I keeps press on the shutter as long as the bird permit me.. Review back the pix... OOOH I GOT IT..What a joy... I never expect to see pin-tailed parrotfinch. I keeps echo joy into this patch of forest...

We left Perdik having in mind to try to show my playmates the Blue Banded Kingfisher. We notice a Banded Broadbill instead..

Pin-Tailed Parrotfinch (Male) Erythrura prasina prasina 15cm
Family/Sub-family Estrildidae
Species name author (Sparrman, 1788)
Taxonomic source(s) Sibley and Monroe (1990, 1993)

This spp is every birdwatcher wish to have a glimpse on the real bird due to it's movement is very much depending on the bamboo seedlings availability. It is also recorded as normadic according to bamboo seedlings

Buff-Vented Bulbul Iole olivacea Size 20cm
Family/Sub-family Pycnonotidae
Species name author Blyth, 1844
Taxonomic source(s) Sibley and Monroe (1990, 1993)

Black-headed Bulbul Pycnonotus atriceps 18cm
Family/Sub-family Pycnonotidae
Species name author (Temminck, 1822)
Taxonomic source(s) Sibley and Monroe (1990, 1993)

Banded Broadbill (Male) Eurylaimus javanicus Size 23cm
Family/Sub-family Eurylaimidae
Species name author Horsfield, 1821
Taxonomic source(s) Sibley and Monroe (1990, 1993)

Great Anglehead Lizard Gonocephalus grandis

No comments: