Thursday, November 12, 2020

Polonaruwa

From Wilpattu – wildlife watching, I move on to Polonnaruwa to have a feel of ancient city. 

 Polonnaruwa is the second most ancient city in Sri Lanka. This ancient city of Polonnaruwa is a world heritage site. Polonnaruwa is a smaller city, more quiet is a good choice if you want a non hassle busy city. The historical monuments of ruins and temple are in smaller scale and situated in a compact area.

My journey from Hunilagama to Polonaruwa 

At 6.30am bus out from Hunilagama Village to Wilpattu junction (30 SLR), continue the journey by bus to Anuradhapura (60 SLR) and then bus to Polonaruwa (190 SLR). Journey of 167KM. 

I overnight at Seyara Holiday Resort 34 bendiwewa, 5100 Polonnaruwa for two nights. Clean , comfortable room , resort equipped with a swimming pool. There are many tourist had been there. All leaves good reviews.





This place is a good place to overnight if you want to explore the ancient ruins cause it is just a 2 km away.

I was been welcome with the Sri Lanka hospitality.

The most regretful things I did was I had this

claimed to be authentic Sri Lanka meal at Rasa Bojun Gedara. It cost me 700SLR equivalent to 15MYR. It taste horrible, maybe is because I am an asian and I have asian taste buds.

I walked around the ancients ruins in the drizzle with my ponco. I am not the fan of ancient ruins but just to kill my curiosity.

I walked around to look at the historical monuments/ruins that one does not need to pay USD25 entrance fees.



















Some of the birds that I sighted during my visit

















No comments: